By Claire Badenhorst, Write Scene Account Executive
Content Marketing has become a bit of a buzzword in the past few years, but do you really understand how important it is?
Today, thousands upon thousands of brands are trying to get your customer’s attention. In self-defence, your customer (let’s call her, Debra) has found a way to block out a lot of these messages. Content marketing is what gets Debra to stop and listen to what YOUR brand is saying. How? By resonating with HER desires and HER interests – not yours.
Content marketing is about sharing information that is helpful or valuable to your customers, and creating brand trust in the process.
To inspire you to get started on your Content Marketing journey, we’ve compiled a list of our favourite content marketing quotes. You can thank us later.
1. “Content marketing is like a first date. If all you do is talk about yourself, there won’t be a second date.” – David Beebe
2. “Is what you’re doing causing people to get up and DO something?” – Michael Jr.
3. “For those of you who think comedy won’t work for your brand, ask yourself: Will it work for your customers?” – Tim Washer
4. “Pushing out content you want to publish is very different to executing a successful content marketing program- one that connects with customers by delivering meaningful experiences that are contextually relevant.” – Ardath Albee
5. “Content marketers are the most empathetic marketers. We spend our time thinking, ‘What does our audience want?’” – Rand Fishkin
6. “To stand out from the swell, we must quietly say only what is important. Briefly and with care.” – Brian Solis
7. “Actually talk to your customers. Use the language that they use. Talk about the things they talk about. Never feed salad to a lion.” – Jay Acunzo
8. “Nobody reads ads. People read what interests them. Sometimes it’s an ad.” – Howard Gossage
9. “If you can take your personality and inject it into the message you share, you’ll be one step ahead in the content marketing game.” – Jason Miller
10. “Content that builds trust is human, personal, and relevant. It isn’t greedy, and it doesn’t trick people. If the recipient knew what the sender knows, would she still be happy? If the answer to that question is yes, then it’s likely it’s going to build trust.” – Seth Godin
11. “The only way to win at content marketing is for the reader to say, ‘This was written specifically for me.’” – Jamie Turner
12. “Content that understands its audience will be good content. Content that doesn’t can’t be.” – Doug Kessler
13. “Focus on providing better answers for your audience: know that Google wants to have ‘answers’ for its audience, not just a lot of information.” – Cyrus Shepard
Last but not least…
14. “And remember: If it’s not relevant, it’s just noise.” – Jason Miller